Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative position will be responsible for renting vehicles to qualified customers, inspecting returned vehicles and preparing rental contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Rent vehicles to clients in compliance with the company’s written policies and procedures.
- Answer the telephone and greet customers promptly and courteously.
- Take reservations and prepare rental agreements using the computerized rental system.
- Qualify customers by assuring a valid driver’s license and credit card.
- Inspect returned vehicles for obvious problems or signs of accidents.
- Prepare accident reports when required and collect accident reports from customers for filing.
- Coordinate customer vehicle requirements and requests with the Make-Ready Department.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Rental Supervisor and/or Location Manager.
- Keep the physical and electronic filing of reports, contracts and other documentation current and organized.
- Maintain a log of vehicles rented to “walk-in” customers to aid in the planning and coordination with the Make-Ready Department.
- Follow up on overdue vehicles in a prompt manner.
- Bill commercial customers when directed by the Rental Supervisor.
- Reconcile the cash drawer on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A working and in-depth knowledge of the many different facets of the rental process.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and friendly on the telephone and in person.
- Ability to treat customers with respect, tact, and diplomacy at all times, but especially when the customer has a dispute, legitimate or otherwise.
- Willingness to comply with and adhere to, the Rental Procedures, as set down by the management of PV Rentals, LLC.
- The patience and fortitude that is required to learn about and work with, a computerized rental system.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Additional qualification(s)
Function: Sales/Customer Service
Industry: Vehicle Rental, Leasing & Sales
Reports to: Rental Supervisor
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
The CDL Driver is responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of vehicles. Please use the attached file for Job Description.
Essential Job Functions / Principal Accountabilities:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Drive various vehicles requiring CDL certification
- Drive tractor maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Inspect delivery tickets and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery. Inspect trailer to ensure it is secure for undamaged transport
- Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or Electronic) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
- Unload trailer, delivering vehicles into customer premises.
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
- Meet this position's physical demands.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
A teammate in this position must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a CDL Class A License; minimum driving experience of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer experience (If less, additional training time will be required at the discretion of the RVP) or successful completion of the McLane Driver Training Program.
- Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
- Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
- Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
- Be able to use a Tractor-trailer, 2 wheel dolly, ramp, and on-board Peoplenet device.
- Be able to lift maximum of 100 lbs, and frequent lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Hazmat endorsement a plus
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation Shop.
- The environment includes the tractor trailer.
- The environment includes customer facilities.