Location Manager II (Operations)
The Location Manager position will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of the Rental and Service functions at his/her location, ensuring the availability and delivery of vehicles to customers. The Location Manager will also be responsible for all customer service and customer relations aspects at their particular location as defined by the Operations Manager.
The Location Manager must be experienced in:
- Directing all operational activities of the location, including the inventory, service and availability of vehicles for rental.
- Coordinate all data flow between the Service and Rental Counter.
- Review and update availability/requirement reports to assure that units will be ready when necessary.
- Establish and maintain the delivery schedule for all vehicles for approved delivery/pickup corporate customers.
- Supervise and monitor follow-up on overdue vehicles.
- Review all closed and open rental agreements. Prepare the Daily Business Reports (DBRs).
- Plan and oversee the training activities for customer service.
- Plan and oversee the training activities for Service personnel to assure proper preparation of vehicles and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Enforce compliance to all company policies and procedures by all personnel reporting directly to him/her; perform periodic evaluations on these same individuals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum 2 years rental operations experience
- Minimum 3 years General management experience
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative position will be responsible for renting vehicles to qualified customers, inspecting returned vehicles and preparing rental contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Rent vehicles to clients in compliance with the company’s written policies and procedures.
- Answer the telephone and greet customers promptly and courteously.
- Take reservations and prepare rental agreements using the computerized rental system.
- Qualify customers by assuring a valid driver’s license and credit card.
- Inspect returned vehicles for obvious problems or signs of accidents.
- Prepare accident reports when required and collect accident reports from customers for filing.
- Coordinate customer vehicle requirements and requests with the Make-Ready Department.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Rental Supervisor and/or Location Manager.
- Keep the physical and electronic filing of reports, contracts and other documentation current and organized.
- Maintain a log of vehicles rented to “walk-in” customers to aid in the planning and coordination with the Make-Ready Department.
- Follow up on overdue vehicles in a prompt manner.
- Bill commercial customers when directed by the Rental Supervisor.
- Reconcile the cash drawer on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A working and in-depth knowledge of the many different facets of the rental process.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and friendly on the telephone and in person.
- Ability to treat customers with respect, tact, and diplomacy at all times, but especially when the customer has a dispute, legitimate or otherwise.
- Willingness to comply with and adhere to, the Rental Procedures, as set down by the management of PV Rentals, LLC.
- The patience and fortitude that is required to learn about and work with, a computerized rental system.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Additional qualification(s)
Function: Sales/Customer Service
Industry: Vehicle Rental, Leasing & Sales
Reports to: Rental Supervisor
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
The CDL Driver is responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of vehicles. Please use the attached file for Job Description.
Essential Job Functions / Principal Accountabilities:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Drive various vehicles requiring CDL certification
- Drive tractor maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Inspect delivery tickets and store keys for accuracy in off-hour delivery. Inspect trailer to ensure it is secure for undamaged transport
- Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or Electronic) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
- Unload trailer, delivering vehicles into customer premises.
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
- Meet this position's physical demands.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
A teammate in this position must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a CDL Class A License; minimum driving experience of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer experience (If less, additional training time will be required at the discretion of the RVP) or successful completion of the McLane Driver Training Program.
- Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
- Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
- Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
- Be able to use a Tractor-trailer, 2 wheel dolly, ramp, and on-board Peoplenet device.
- Be able to lift maximum of 100 lbs, and frequent lifting/carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Hazmat endorsement a plus
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation Shop.
- The environment includes the tractor trailer.
- The environment includes customer facilities.